Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Best of CS Interiors: Fall 2009

I picked up my fall 2009 issue of CS Interiors from the Merchandise Mart last week. Unlike last time, I was underwhelmed with the showcased design, articles, and photos in this issue. You can pick up your copy at the Merchandise Mart or view their digital version here. Nevertheless, here are a few that made my best of list.

On page 50, I was greeted with this charming coat rack. The article, showcasing brotherly furniture design by the boys of Misewell, pulled at my heart strings and this gem called stretch caught my eye. The past couple months I have been swooning over the 10 degree coat rack at CB2 and this one might have changed my mind. I love its angles, details, and rich walnut wood.

Photo from Misewell.com

From the front cover of the magazine, to the opening spread of the feature article, Todd Hilt and Alvin dela Cruz's home was inspiring. I love this image of their entry way (pardon the seam, the photo bled across the spread). The faux animal head and the simple symmetry of the space, mixed items from a variety of eras while maintaining its class.


Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

Another photo of Hilt and dela Cruz's home, I love industrial furniture, especially stools, but this cabinet which offers endless storage made my heart pitter-patter.



Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

I hope I don't even need to explain what drew me into this photo, yet again from Hilt and dela Cruz's home. The frog anatomy chart hung in the dining area, how could it get any more interesting?

Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

Heiji Choy Black's living room, pictured here, made me feel not-so-bad for still having unhung framed art in my home. Leaning your pieces against the wall allows for easy swap out and a more casual feel.

Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails